Today I am thankful for great friends! Some of our wonderful and best friends ever came to San Angelo this weekend for Bristen, their middle son, to play club soccer. We got to have dinner with them last night at Outback, which was so much fun. Then we came home and got the kids in bed and I went up to their hotel and visited with Heidi in their hotel lobby until 2:00 this morning. Brad and Heidi lived in San Angelo when I first met them. They moved away in 2002 (I think...correct me if I'm wrong Heidi) which was a very sad event. When Jim and I were still dating, we would go to their house and stay up talking with them till the wee hours of the morning. They were some very close friends of ours and they were both in our wedding. Brad was a groomsmen and Heidi was one of my bridesmaid. (And their youngest was our Bible Bearer. He was just 2 then...look at the picture of him and the boy below.)
Heidi and I share a one of a kind friendship. She is one of my best friends. She is older than me and in a totally different stage of life than I am, but we are so close. I can totally be myself around her. She is someone who I will always remember no matter what comes about. We have lost touch for while, but it was like we picked up right where we left off. It was so fun staying up late and talking and catching up with each other.
So today, I am very, very grateful for the friendship that I share with Heidi and her family.
Heidi and me



The whole crew!
And by the way, the soccer player won both of his club soccer games and so their team is the 1st place champions. They will play in a select club soccer tournament in the spring! Way to go!!!! I love you, boy!
3 comments:
What fun! The Knutsons all look GREAT! I would love to have seen them! It is so nice to "refresh" relationships with friends we dont' see too often!
This made me cry! I miss her so much, too. Glad you got to catch up and enjoy the whole family. The boys have gotten so big and are still so handsome!
Hi Honeas!! I found you guys through some different friends' blogs. I love it here! And the Knutsons - - wow! I would have loved to have seen them. They look great. We miss having them as neighbors. Anyway - - I love your posts. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment