The above is a promotional video for a book called Broken Walls and Those Called to Repair Them, written by Kevin Kirkland. Kevin used to be my youth minister, but now I consider him and his family some great friends of ours. Our kids have grown up together, especially our little girls. They are some really genuine people who love the Lord and yearn for Him. Kevin is the founder of Katalyst Ministries. Broken Walls and Those Called to Repair Them is a book that he has been working on for a while and today, he had his release party at church. I began reading it this afternoon and it is a great book and one that I highly recommend. You can order one of your own Amazon or at Katalyst Ministries. This book, I believe, is truly the cry of Kevin's heart. Kevin takes the story of Nehemiah and the devastation during his time and compares it to the brokenness of America today. We as believers must make a change now and be repairers of these broken walls for the next generation. I'm only on page 38, but my heart is already being stirred and convicted. Would you watch the video and then get a book and read it? Would you commit to becoming a "Repairer of Broken Walls"?
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Broken Walls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello! Thanks for sharing about this book. I am going to look into it. I love Nehemiah and the whole beauty of being a Repairer of Broken Walls. Jesus, our Repairer. How beautiful.
Also, Beth Moore's new study...I'll be checking that out, too!
Enjoyed visiting here and will be back again! :)
Your family is gorgeous!
Bless you! Have a great day!
Sharon
Very cool!
I will definitely check it out, it sounds great.
Thanks for passing on the info.
I just started reading this on Sunday and I love it so far. He did a great job! I am also mailing Mom her copy this week that I bought for her and KK to read.
My copy is supposed to be delivered today. I can't wait to start reading it!
Post a Comment