"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"
Psalm 33:12
Today, November 4th, millions of Americans have the opportunity to elect new leaders of governnment and I am one of them. Today I am thankful and honored, as a woman, to take part in determining the direction of our nation. Before the 1900's, women in America were not priviledged to vote. And even in some countries today they still cannot. I consider voting no only as my duty as a citizen, but also as a priviledge. I know that some people don't take the time and the trouble to vote because they don't believe their ballot will make much of a difference. That is not true. I hope that if you have not voted yet, you will go...polls don't close for another 4 hours central time. You've got time!
Despite who wins this election, King Jesus is on the throne, and I have total faith in Him. And like my parents' pastor said a few Sundays ago, we just need to pray for God's will. His will may not be what I think it should be. He said some other profound things that I can't put into words. Mom, maybe you could write it as a comment. So today, I am trusting in the only One who can truly reigns, and that is Jesus. And I pray that He would work in and through our leaders to guide and bless this nation.
1 comment:
So well put! Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment