Wednesday, September 17, 2008

7 Things

Nate at Confessions of a CF Husband just blogged about 7 Things you did not know about me and encouraged his readers to do the same thing. Since I haven't blogged in almost a week, I figured I could do this. So here we go...7 Things (most of) You Did Not Know About Me:


1. I've never seen a Star Wars movie, nor do I care to see one.


2. My first date was with a boy named Randy. We went to the movies with some other couples. And we snuck into Jerry Maguire (it's rated R and we were only 15). I felt terrible about it.


3. That same boyfriend got run over by a car a few days before our Freshman Fall Formal. He went to the dance with me in a wheelchair and on painkillers. And one side of his face was all scratched up and he had a broken arm.


4. My hubby and I met in court. Yeah, read the story here.


5. I've played several instruments in my lifetime: the piano (which I still play; not very good, but I can play a few songs), the violin, the clarinet, and handbells.


6. My dad was buying a new car for me one time when two of my younger sisters started driving and there was no way that three of us could share a car. Plus, I was about to start college. Anyway. He wanted to buy me an eclipse. It was a really cute car. BUT, I said no because it was a stick shift and so I got a 1990 Dodge Spirit instead. Oh yeah, baby. In gold. And I was styling! And this was my boyfriend. NO, NOT REALLY!!! I just found this image on google. But this what my car looked like (without window tint).



And for the record, I now drive a white Nissan Maxima and it is very, very nice. I'm stylin' for real now!

7. I can roll my tongue. Here's proof: It's wierd, I know. I'm wierd. I know.




Okay, so there you go. Now, I tried to figure out the Mr. Linky thing so you could link your blog to mine when you do your 7 Things, but I can't. So, if you decide to be cool and blog about 7 Things we don't know about you, post a comment and let us know!!!

Come on...you know you want to do it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It's fun to learn some new things about ya. The boyfriend with the car comment made me laugh! :)
I meant to tell you where I got the Spanx and completely forgot(sorry!). I got mine at Dillard's b/c I had a giftcard, but a friend of mine gets the Hanes version and says they're just as great! I think she gets hers at Walgreens or something along those lines.
Hope you're having a great weekend!

Julie said...

How funny! The tongue roll looked groovy!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! And I thought I knew you-- hee hee! :)
Terri

Anonymous said...

I knew all of those things except for #1! It brought back memories...thanks for sharing :)

Hope you're well. We're moved and trying to get settled. I'll give you a buzz soon.