Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack-o-lantern Carving

To be honest, I've never carved my own pumpkin. I didn't even know where to start until a few years ago. And I've still never done it myself. The carving, I mean.

Saturday morning, the kids wanted to carve a pumpkin. I helped scrape the insides out and while they carved, I rinsed the seeds off the toast later that day. Jim was not too thrilled that I was taking his picture on a Saturday morning. He made me go get a hat for him at least. He said, "Let me take a picture of you." I said, "No way! I'm in my pj's and have no makeup on!" He said, "That makes so difference than you taking a picture of me without my hair fixed or my hat off." Oh no, honey, it's a big difference. BIG difference.






I've seen all these 'fancily' carved pumpkins and it makes ours look plain. But Jim did this with just a knife. No special pumpkin carving kit (because I've never done one and I'm the one that shops). So hence the plain jack-o-lantern, but I think our Jack is pretty cute! The girl likes his tongue.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Jack is super cute! I can't wait to start making memories like this with my new family.

Abby said...

Fun! Ours was 'plain', too. It matched the one in the book we read- The Pumpkin Patch Parable. Simple is good!

Anonymous said...

I think Jack looks great! There's nothing wrong with simple!