Friday, October 3, 2008

Cookies

Since it was a bummer kind of day for the girl, we made suncatchers (see post below), and we also made sugar cookies. Now, let me tell you that I am not a cookie baker. I love to bake...pies, breads, cakes; but my cookies have never turned out very pretty or as yummy as some cookies I have tasted. I don't know what my deal is. Well, today, I decided to try a recipe that Sunni made at The Flying Mum. It's actually a recipe of a friend of hers, Annalee and her mom. They turned our awesome! I am so proud! And the kids had a blast making them. Now, you know that I do not like messes and this was very messy! But, we enjoyed it and I didn't get impatient with them one bit! They kept licking their fingers as they were icing them and I got onto them one time, but then just decided to let them ice about 3 of their own (and you can pick them out in the picture) and no one else will eat them! :)

Notice the blue cookies - The boy ate almost a whole circle cookie and then took a bite off one of his bear cookies.

7 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

Very cute! I love the half eaten cookie. It's just so darn tempting to eat as you go, even for me :)

~B said...

Those look delicious! I may have to let my little turkeys try those out tomorrow. They'd love doing that.

Kristi said...

....and not only did you have fun, but the cookies are DELICIOUS!!! I've had to slap my hand to keep from having one with my coffee this morning!ha!

Gi Gi & pop said...

Well, send me the recipe.I LOVE making cookies....gg

The Chaumont Family said...

Those cookies look yummy! I'm sure your kids had a blast making them. You're a great Mom!

lubke-moss said...

I know what you mean about the cookies....My cookies just never seem to come out right either! I am a much better cook than I am a baker.
I blame it on the FL humidity! :) (Although, I'm sure it's more me.)

Looks like you did get a great batch and had lots of fun doin it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for letting go and being a fun mom! The cookies look great and the kids look like they had fun times. Miss you!