Monday, July 14, 2008

Beijing Summer Olympics


Only 24 days until the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics and Jim and I are so excited. I don't know why this year I am so excited about it, but I am. 08.08.08 is the day! I like Summer Olympics better than Winter. The only thing I really like to watch during Winter Olympics is iceskating. Summer Olympics, though, has all sorts of events that I love. Gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, syncronized swimming, diving, beach volleyball, trampoline - those are just some of my favorite events. And it's so awesome to see people from all over the world come together for the joy of sport. I love singing all the different flags and nationalities. And have you seen the new Coca Cola collectible cans? They are so neat. (I just wish they did it in Diet Coke.)
So who else is as excited as me about The Olympics? And what is your favorite event to watch?

10 comments:

JayCee said...

I agree - love the Olympics ~ my favorites are track and field, gymnastics and swimming. There's just something about the Olympics!

Anonymous said...

I am a fanatic!! I already watched the gymnastics prelims. I love, love, love it!

But track - meh.

I'm ready - - bring it on!!!

Elaine said...

I love watching gymnastics and remember the first Olympics I watched when Shannon Miller was one of the best. I'm looking forward to 08-08-08 too!

Rachel said...

My "all-around" favorite competition is gymnastics! Love it! I think because I always wanted to be a gymnast.
However, I'm really into swimming this year. I really want to be a swimmer now...he he:)

Lora said...

I also love the Olympics and can't wait for them to start! Gymnastics and swimming are my favorites.

Julie said...

I need to make a point to watch the Summer Olympics. I didn't the last time. :(

What a great party your daughter had!!! I wish they had those places when we were kids!!

I have to say the eye pictures gave me the heeebee jeebees!!!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I just posted about this same thing not too long ago.
We love the Olympics! My favorites are Swimming, Diving and Gymnastics..
We cant wait till 8-8-08!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Olympics too. I love the diving. How do they do some of them?
Terri

Slaton Crew said...

Hey Ashley,
I have your earrings made..and since I don't see you and am working I will have them at the office if you want to come by and get them.

Slaton Crew said...

Ashley,
Hey, I have your earrings. I will have them at the office if you want to come by and get them. Everytime I bring them to church I don't see you - too many people!!!!