Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We live in a fallen world.

I just finished reading Bring the Rain's blog. I am in tears from the heartache. Heartache over so much loss. Loss of babies and children. It just seems to me that there has been so much lately. My heart is just heavy. Bruised. My mind is weary.

I do not understand. I've cried out to God asking, "Why? Why, Lord, must we endure this pain?" And if I'm hurting this much, I can't even imagine the pain in the hearts of these families. These mommies and daddies.

Today, my heart is aching so I began to search the Word for scriptures on suffering. These families are suffering. I was trying to find some comfort for myself and my hurting heart. I needed to find some comfort.

Job says in Job 21:22, "'Can anyone teach knowledge to God, since he judges even the highest?'" Job had endured suffering, yet he affirmed God's sovereignty by asking this question. He continued to trust God no matter what the circumstances were. I acknowledge that God is in control although it is very difficult to see. None of this is a surprise to Him. We must learn to trust in God who is good and not in the goodness of life. He has chosen to allow evil in this world for a time. But we can trust that God will destroy all evil eventually. In the meantime, we know that God will help us use our suffering to strengthen us and glorify Him. And we have hope in glory.

And when we are at a loss for words like I am today, the Holy Spirit pray with us and for us. It says in Romans 8:26 that "the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

I'm proclaiming my faith in God and know that he cares. And I am waiting patiently for his help and strength. His grace is sufficient.

Father, give strength to those hurting. Surround them with your Holy Spirit. Comfort them.

"...So our eyes look to the Lord our God till he shows us his mercy." Psalm 123:2b

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

I was hoping you would share your godly perspective today, in light of all of the trials around us. I am sad with you.

My favorite part of your post: "But we can trust that God will destroy all evil eventually. In the meantime, we know that God will help us use our suffering to strengthen us and glorify Him."

That really helped me.