Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A little vacation

Jim and the kids met me in San Antonio after the Beth Moore Conference and Siesta Fiesta. Jana and Sandy dropped me off in the pouring rain at Bass Pro Shops Saturday afternoon and they went on home. Jim had to drive to Houston for work on Monday, we decided to just hang around San Antone for a few days. It was a great time for our family and we all had a blast.

Saturday afternoon and evening, we mainly just shopped around Bass Bro Shop and Dick's Sporting Goods. Then we went to Mimi's Cafe. I'd never eaten there before but since I read Kelly's blog and she goes there a lot and always has a picture, we decided to try it. And it was really good. Thanks, Kelly! I loved it! And I almost took a picture to blog about it, but decided not to...Jim thinks I'm wierd about this whole blog thing. He doesn't understand it, I guess! After eating, we checked into our hotel and the kids wanted to go swimming. Well, it had been raining all afternoon and was a little chilly, so I didn't swim. Jim swam with them. He's such a fun daddy! I just love him to death!

Sunday, we went to SeaWorld. We mainly stayed at the Lost Lagoon waterpark all day. The kids absolutely loved it! And it wasn't very crowded, which I was worried about since it was a Sunday. But, it was the Sunday before school started here, so it was great! The girl had a great time and even went down some of the big slides with her daddy and me. She loved the lazy river and the wave pool, too! And they had a smaller slide that she could go down by herself and she did that over and over again. We left the waterpark about 3:00 to go watch the Shamu show and the boy fell asleep in the stroller. While at Shamu, it started pouring down rain. I haven't seen it rain that hard in a while. Then it really cooled down. After Shamu, we went to a cute little show with dogs, cats, a skunk, a pig, a pony, and other little animals and it was really cute. By then the kids were exhausted so we went back to the hotel and crashed! Actually, we went to Jason's Deli for dinner, then went to the hotel and crashed! We didn't take any pictures at SeaWorld this time. We were going to rent a locker at the waterpark but it was $12!!! So Jim just took the camera and his wallet back to the car and just put some cash in his pocket. Besides, what would be the point of having the camera in the locker? And we didn't want to have to worry about it getting wet, etc. so we just didn't take any.

Monday morning, Jim left for Houston in his rental purple van (the kids thought that was funny - Daddy driving a purple van) before the sun was up. The kids and I went to North Star Mall and shopped for most of the day there. Then we went to Lakeshore Learning and The Container Store. We went back to the hotel to just relax a little while. And so I could look up where a Super Target was. I love Super Target and so wish we had one here! So we went there for a while then came back to the hotel and I got the kids in bed. Jim got back about 9:30 that night.

Tuesday, which was yesterday, we went to the San Antonio Zoo. It was VERY humid and so I was sweating like crazy. And I hate to sweat. But the kids had a blast and did great! There a ton of pictures on the side bar in my Snapfish files if you want to look at them! The kids are adorable in some of them!

After the zoo, we stopped and Walgreens and got a lunchable for the kids to eat in the car. We drove back up to The Rim (where we were on Saturday at Bass Pro Shop). They have a Lifetime Fitness there, so Jim was going to work out while I shopped around with the kids a little bit. However, this Lifetime Fitness place was AMAZING!!! We decided to tour the place and act like we were really interested in joining. And we would SO join if we lived near one. The facility is about 60,000-70,000 square feet. It has over 300 cardio machines and tons of weights! Lots of group fitness classes, it's own Yoga and Pilates studio. A spa with anything you could think of. A cafe with only healthy stuff. An awesome Child Care Center. A rock wall. Lots of basketball courts. And an indoor and outdoor pool, both with an area for laps and a play area. The pool is designed as a beach entry, and it's got some awesome slides. Since we toured the place, we got to use it! For free! (You know my husband...) Since I didn't have any workout clothes, the kids and I swam while Jim worked out then he came and swam with us. It was SO fun and the kids loved it! The kids stayed in the Child Care Center while Jim and I toured the place and they had a blast! They have computers and huge indoor playground and a small turf field outside to play on. It was absolutely amazing. Jim was, of course, in heaven with all that workout equipment!

We left there about 4:45 to drive to Kerrville to meet Jim's parents and grandmother for dinner at Cracker Barrel. YUM! The brought our nephew that is now 10 months old and walking. He is so much fun!

We got home last night about 9:30 and moved the kids straight to bed. We never heard a word out of them. The didn't have any naps the whole weekend and so they were exhausted, needless to say. So were we! But it was a great weekend and we really enjoyed ourselves.

We've got meet-the-teacher on Thursday morning and then they start school next Tuesday! I know this post is really long, so if you are still reading, then I'm impressed! I love all of you!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time! I can't wait to look at all the pictures...I'm wondering if you got one of Jim in his purple van!ha! I'm glad you are home safe and sound! I love you all ...and missed you!

The Bowden's said...

WOW! That was long but I love reading your blog and keeping up wtih your family. Sounds like you all had a great job! I have been checking to see how the 1st day of school went but I guess you all haven't started yet. Love, AB

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

The Fiesta was a ton of fun. There were so many there! My hubby doesn't understand this blogging thing either...

~B said...

Do you guys have season passes to Sea World? We do. We'd like to go again this fall. And this time, since LL will be closed - - and it will be cooler, we can enjoy the shows. It might be fun to go together!