Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yee-haw! It's Rodeo Time!

It's Rodeo time here in our town and on Tuesday, the girl's school held their own little rodeo. The kindergarten girls were Rodeo Princesses and the kindergarten boys were Rodeo Clowns. Each class had some performance so do. It was a hoot watching these kids do boot races and costume races and barrel racing on their stick horses. So precious. Here are some pictures from the exciting event!



The girl held the Texas flag while we sang "The Star Spangled Banner"

Singing, "I'm an Old Cowhand...yippee-i-o-ki-ay"

The boy's class got to come watch the rodeo. I was very surprised at how well that 3-year-old class behaved for the hour-long rodeo. They did so well! And here is the boy and his buddy showing off their bellies at one point.


Here I am with the prettiest Rodeo Princess I ever saw!


The girl's sweet little class.

Now here is a video of the girl singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" and doing a dance!


We are headed to the "real" Rodeo tonight with a very sweet couple that Jim works with. Tonight is the first performance! The kids are VERY excited about it! And actually, now that I think about it, I'm excited too! I love to get "cowgirled up"...as "cowgirled up" as this prissy girl can. Just don't put me out there in the dirt with the horses and bulls. No thank you! I'll just watch in my cowgirl gear. (I may even have Jim take a picture of me to show you how "cowgirled up" I get!) I asked him if he was going to change out of his work clothes and cowboy up and you know what he said??? "I think I'll just go with my preppy 'work' look." Oh puh-lease!!! Maybe for next weekend's final Rodeo performance, he will cowboy up! (And I'll snap a picture just for you!)

The video above is still processing and it is taking for-e-ver! I'm looking at e-vites on the internet for a friends shower. I don't have an account so I was creating one. As I was filling out the form with name, email address, etc., it asked for my Gender. The choices were: M, F, and N/A. What??? What in the world does N/A mean?

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a pretty little rodeo princess you have. I'm sure it was blast to watch the show.

I think people mark N/A when they don't feel that their gender should matter. For example, when asked my race on things like that, I also choose not to answer because it should matter. Or maybe thay are just confused. Who knows!

Ingram Gang said...

Cute, cute pictures!
~YeeeHawww~

Kristi said...

I love all the pics! Wish I could have come over for their little rodeo! Thanks for the pic you sent last night of my boy....was it just TOO loud for him?? Bless his heart! I've missed my babies....haven't seen them much this week!