The firetruck
...with a slide on the back!
one of those funky mirrors - they were cracking up; they thought it was hilarious!
Daddy and the boy driving cars and trucks
the girl crawling through a tunnel
a tarantula like Uncle Stephens; the boy would not go near this thing - he is so scared of them
looking at snakes
AAAHHHH!
white mice
Jim took a picture of this scorpion because he thought it was cool -- eww!
riding a tractor on the farm
riding a wooden tractor
the boy riding the tractor, except he couldn't reach the pedals, so I had to push him around
Mama's boy
silly face
looking through something and you could see out the top of the roof and around, but there wasn't much of a view - just the top of the building.
planting a garden, like Pawpaw's

lettuce, like from Pawpaw's garden
the girl made sure that everything in the line was the same - just like Pawpaw's garden
getting ready to play in the water...ugh!

I went and sat on the bench because I did not want my feet to get wet. I did not want to play in the water, but Jim said to let them do it, they're kids. I'm such a party-pooper of a mom! Ha!
The girl's feet got wet (she takes after her Mama) so she quit.
I so want to know what he's thinking!
Back to the firetruck, except we've got the uniform now!
Jim took this picture. She was trying to zip it up and he thought the pose was hilarious!
A firewoman!
me playing in the sand with the boy - this was nice because you don't get all sandy

Upstairs, they had all kinds of science/physics stuff. The kids didn't really understand it all, but they had fun looking around and turning knobs and pushing buttons.
Big Bubbles!

A fossil dig and I made sure they did not sit down in this! :)We got back last night about midnight. It was a fun weekend. A whole lot more fun than Body Pump training would've been! We stayed at The Omni on Friday night and got to swim all morning on Saturday. We are "select guest members" (nothing special, Jim just signed up for it for work) and you get complimentary beverages in the morning. So Saturday morning, we called and ordered some chocolate milk for the kids and some orange juice for us. They told us it would be about 30 minutes. We waited and waited. Called. Waited some more. Called again. Waited some more. We waited an hour and a half. Finally it came. Jim called and complained because by then it was 11:15. The kids were waiting to go swimming. So we got a free lunch! :) We swam for a while and then ordered lunch. It was great! And we got a later check-out time! :)
After we checked out of the hotel, we drove to North East Mall and shopped around. The kids were mostly excited about playing on the play area in the mall. They think that is the neatest thing. We don't have one in our mall here. Jim finally found some jeans (on sale!) at American Eagle and he bought some tennis shoes at Dick's Sporting Goods (on sale!). Miss Shop-a-holic here did not buy a darn thing. I couldn't find anything worth buying. Plus I really wasn't in a shopping mood. It's hard to get that way with two kids and no strollers. O'well!!! Not like I needed anything. I did buy a shirt and dress at Super Target (I LOVE Super Target and we only have a regular Target here) on Friday in Plano. We had to go up to Plano for Jim to do some work up there and it is so nice. That town is beautiful. I loved it! While he was working, the kids and I went to Super Target and Sam Moon.
So it was a restful and fun family weekend! And by the way, the boy is potty training and is doing an awesome job! We've been working on it for about 2 weeks now. He wears underwear all day. I am so proud of him! And he did great on the trip, too. YAY! We will soon be a diaper-free family! Woo-hoo!
My dad flew up to Oklahoma this past Wednesday so he could spend some time with Chaz and Erin, Sloan #1 and the new baby. Then he drove home with Mom yesterday. I haven't seen them yet because we got home so late last night and they've been at church all morning. But I'm here at their house waiting for them to get home while the kids are napping. :)
Have a great week! I think I have more pictures of Sloan #2 to post, so watch for those!
4 comments:
I'm so glad yall had fun! I love the picture of them looking in the mirror... so funny! I miss yall and love you!
Looks like a good time. Glad that ya'll had a family get-a-way...everyone needs those now and again. And good for you for listening to that still, small voice and making the decision to be obedient and be a wife and mom first. Love you!
Wow, what a cute family you have! I enjoyed looking at your pictures.
We have a Children's Museum kind of close to us, but we haven't ever been there. Which is crazy since we have been to probably every single other fun "kid" thing to do in the city. Hmmmmm.
Anyway, I saw you on the Siesta Fiesta blog, so I wanted to drop in and say "hello"! :)
Oh my!!! What a fun filled day!!! I loved the picture of you sitting on the bech! :) I think I would have done the same thing.
Post a Comment