Well, we are in our new house...across the street from the old one. Haha! We are slowly getting settled in. I think moving across the street is harder than moving across town. We would fill up a box, carry it across the street, unload it, carry the empty box back, fill it up again, and so on. It seems so much easier putting everything into boxes, loading it onto a trailer and driving to the new house. O'well! :) We are loving the new house. It seems more "homey" already and there is still nothing on the walls.
We moved all weekend last weekend. Jim took Monday off because we was leaving Tuesday to go on a business trip for three days. We were up really late Monday night. We have yet to get the garage stuff moved over. Jim will probably do that this weekend.
I've got to tell you something really funny. I stayed at my parents' house on Tuesday night since Jim was gone. The kids did not go to sleep very well, so I decided the next night I would stay at home. So, Wednesday evening, I went over there to get our toothbrushes, etc. after Bible Study. The kids really wanted to stay, but I just kept saying no. I started checking my email and they were getting pretty rowdy in the living room so Mom put on a Scripture songs video. They had only watched about 10 minutes when I finished and came in and said, "Let's go!" The kids started saying, "No...we want to stay at Pawpaw and Lola's". Still not sure if I was going to let them stay, the girl said, "We can't go...we're watching 'God stuff'"! I guess she felt like if they were doing something "spiritual" I wouldn't make them leave! And....we spent the night again!
Anna, my sister, came over on Thursday before Jim got home and we decorated. I asked her to come over because I'm just not good at that. And she is. So, thank you so much Anna!
Well, I have so much more to post but Jim and I are watching the American Idol shows (on DVR) from this week and I need to pay attention so I can vote. Oh, wait...the voting is over. Anyway, I have pictures from the girl's Valentine's Day party at school and her school rodeo. I will post those soon. Stay tuned...
3 comments:
i am so excited that you got to move! Across the street...that cracks me up! I bet it was harder girl! Also, what kind of scripture memory songs were they? I need to get that for Morg!
=) Are you going to see beth in San An?
I am so glad you have internet again! And I cannot wait to see the new house.
"We can't go...we're watching God stuff"...lol. That cracks me up! She's a quick one :)
Post pics of the new house! Since I cannot come over and see it, this is the next best thing!
Hope the rodeo on Saturday was fun. Love you much!
Post a Comment