You know that "God Stuff" that the girl said she was watching the other night from this post...here it is. When my sisters and I were little, we had the cassette tape that we listened to and I still remember the songs. Steve Green is an exceptional musician and in this DVD, he sings Bible verses. The girl and boy can already sing all of them. Some of them have motions to go with them and they know those, too. It is so important to memorize Scripture and hide it in your heart. To be honest, I am not good at memorizing, but I know all these songs and they are all Bible verses. Several times lately, I have started singing some of these songs when the girl has started complaining or was being ugly to her brother. And it convicts! She just stops and looks at me. It's the Word of God! It certainly is convicting. If you would like to get your own copy of this, you can order it here at CBD. You will not be let down when you hear your child burst into song and it's the Word of God that she or he is singing. This is Volume I and they have a Volume II that we (my mom and I) ordered. We haven't watched it yet.I also ordered this:

I was talking to my mom one day a while back. It was after one day at church we had sang a couple of hymns (which is not "normal" so to say because our church is VERY contemporary). But I was telling her how singing those songs just brough tears to my eyes because the words were so deep. My dad is a minister of music (and has taught the fundamentals of worship and music) and my mother has been the church pianist in many a churches. We were at church all the time. Those hymns that I heard as a child have really become a foundation for my faith and I want my children to know them as well. When I was in highschool, I would have much rather sung the praise choruses. And don't get me wrong. I love praise and worship choruses. However, now that I am a more mature believer, the hymns have a greater and much deeper meaning. I can understand the words and they cut deep. So I ordered this set of 3 CDs. (You can order it here.) It has some choruses and also some Christmas hymns. But most of it is traditional hymns. And my kids LOVE them. Their favorite is "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder". They can actually sing quite a few of them by memory and it thrills my heart to know that they are learning these foundational songs to strengthen their faith in God. I trust that one day in their life, they will look back and a hymn will come to mind and they will be thankful that they learned them, just like I am. (Ooh, that almost sounds like "Just As I Am", my personal favorite!)
2 comments:
I love this! You praised your parents' talents (as you should - they are amazing), but you didn't mention that God gave you a great voice. She even sang to her Man before she walked down the aisle on their wedding day. Ash's voice is beautiful!
You sang on your wedding day?!! Wow. I wouldn't have been able to do it! hehehe
I love this. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment