Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

I hope every one of you had a very happy Easter! We went camping, as usual. We have gone camping every Easter (except for one) in the past 10 years. This year, we decided to come back home Saturday night as some storms looked as though they were rolling in. Hail and damaging winds were forecasted, and since we were in a tent, we packed it up! Actually, I was going to stay in the trailer with my grandparents and the kids and Jim was going to ride home with my sister and brother-in-law, but at the last minute, I decided to come on home. It was already pretty crowded in the trailer.

And part of me really wanted to be at church on Easter Sunday. And I'm really glad I was because the worship was awesome and the sermon was excellent! I'm torn. I love being with all the family camping every Easter and we always have so much fun, but I never can focus on the true meaning of Easter. And the week before Easter, I'm just preparing for going camping and not focusing my heart on the tremendous sacrifice that was made for me. So it was wonderful being in church and really worshipping with tears running down my face in awe of the love my Savior has for me. And I want my kids to understand what Easter means and I want them to be in church on Easter Sunday. I have these resurrection eggs that I normally do, but this year I didn't do them because I was so busy getting things ready for camping. I just have a strong conviction that has come over me about all this.

But...here are some pictures of our weekend.


My sisters, Anna and Emily with the kids down by the river.

Stephen and Anna brought their kayaks, so here's Jim rowing. He's so hot.


The girl and I going for a ride. Please don't look at my white pasty legs.



My cousin, Lora, is pregnant and so we gave her a small shower!


Lora's husband, Mat, and their very cute puppy, George.

Pop shelling pecans.

Hunting Easter eggs in the back yard


Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Gi Gi & pop said...

Actually, Ash, I think being with family even makes me love the Lord more knowing not only is He a risen Saviour but as a family we worship Him together. There are so many things that get in our way in the days of getting ready to go camping such as blogging, and not taking the time for our morning quiet time before we do any thing else. Just something to think about.

Gi Gi & pop said...

I meant to tell you about the letter you sent me about the kids conversation. I had put it on the bullentin board in the hall across from the kitchen. Matt said that as they were in line to eat Sunday a couple that was visiting saw it. I had put a picture of you four with it and the couple told Matt they knew you all. I will find out who it is. May be someone here with Multi-Chem.

Joel/ Hollie Dickens said...

i'm checking out your blog today. nice to get a little caught up. you do great with the blog. hope you're well.